Since 2010, the Quality Improvement Team has provided practice transformation, coaching, and clinical advising to primary care offices to help implement changes and become examples of excellence in advanced patient-centered care and transform clinical practices to meet the quadruple aim: better care outcomes, improved patient experience, lower costs, and improved clinician satisfaction. Practice transformation includes implementation of continuous quality improvement, engaged leadership, empanelment, team based care, care coordination, enhanced access, and more.
Current initiatives include:
- Behavioral Health Integration Practice Transformation
- Differential Adjusted Payment Program (DAP)
- Incentives and Support for Medication Assisted Treatment for Opioid Disorder (ISM)
- Innovation Support Project (ISP)
- CDPHE Diabetes & Cardiovascular Disease Project (D/CVD)
Our Quality Improvement team can assist you with reviewing, selecting and reporting your clinical quality measures to avoid negative payment adjustments.
We provide assistance with:
- Training staff on how to document quality measures accurately to ensure best quality scores possible
- Reviewing, selecting and reporting clinical quality measures to earn incentives and avoid negative payment adjustments
- Assessing your patient volume and determining the amount of incentives you can earn and/or penalties you may incur
- Reviewing your EHR reports and measures to optimize for quality reporting
- Optimizing health information exchange for improved provider communications and referrals, clinical decision-making and participation in reimbursement programs