Published On: March 17, 2020
Health Current is Here to Help During the COVID-19 Crisis
Dear HIE participants and community members:
As Arizona’s Health Information Exchange (HIE), Health Current serves as a valuable resource for facilitating the exchange of important patient data. This service is especially important during a healthcare crisis like the COVID-19 pandemic. We’re here to help.
Supporting communities with critical, real-time patient data during an emergency is a proven use case of community HIEs – as such, we are well equipped in Arizona to support the community during this outbreak. Below are several measures we’re taking to ensure that patient data continues to flow uninterrupted across our state in the coming weeks:
- We do not anticipate any significant disruption to our business operations or service levels. Our data centers and critical infrastructure are fully functional, backed by multiple redundancies, with full customer support.
- We have asked our team members to work remotely until further notice, and our offices will not be open to the public during regular business hours unless a delivery or visit is anticipated and coordinated in advance.
- We are taking steps to ensure that support is in place and available to allow our team to serve participants securely from remote locations with no anticipated drop in service levels.
- We are developing and implementing plans to accelerate the process of gaining access to patient data via Health Current, to support current or new participants in implementing new portal or alerts services.
Important reminder for current HIE participants:
- The HIE is especially helpful for accessing patient medical histories and monitoring patient encounters during the COVID-19 outbreak. The easiest ways to access data are:
- Portal – Secure web-based access that allows patient/member data to be viewed online.
- You can gain new or expanded portal access during the crisis, either because you have not implemented portal access previously or because new individuals within your organization need portal access during this time.
- Alerts – Sent to designated clinicians or individuals based upon a patient panel.
- You can update your patient panel, or add a new panel, to monitor your more vulnerable populations during the crisis.
- To implement either of these services, please contact your designated Health Current account manager and mention that you are requesting PRIORITY access related to COVID-19 so that we can accelerate your implementation.
Opportunity for non-HIE participants:
- If you are not a Health Current HIE participant and would like to access your patients’ medical histories and monitor their encounters during the COVID-19 outbreak, please contact our recruitment team at email@example.com or (602) 688-7215.
- Please mention that you are requesting PRIORITY access related to COVID-19 so that we can accelerate your implementation process.
The secure exchange of reliable and timely patient data is critical during a healthcare crisis like the COVID-19 pandemic. We will continue to monitor and evaluate the situation and communicate to all HIE stakeholders as the situation evolves.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact your Health Current account manager.
The Health Current Team