Published On: June 24, 2020
Health Current Board of Directors Welcomes Six New Members
Health Current, Arizona’s Health Information Exchange (HIE), is pleased to announce the appointment of six new members to its Board of Directors. Joining the Health Current Board are (in alphabetical order):
- Roy Jedeikin, MD, Medical Director, Phoenix Children’s Care Network (PCCN)
- Heidi Kemmer, COO, UHC Community Plan, UnitedHealthcare
- April Rhodes, CEO, Spectrum Healthcare
- Jesus Rivera, Battalion Chief, Medical Services Division, Surprise Fire-Medical Department
- Ginny Rountree, Deputy Director, Arizona Department of Economic Security
- Martha Smith, CEO, Arizona Complete Health
“Our Board of Directors is comprised of Arizona’s leading healthcare executives and community leaders, with representation from hospitals, laboratories, health plans, employers, healthcare providers and other key healthcare stakeholders,” said Melissa Kotrys, Health Current CEO. “Through their expertise and guidance, we’ve been fortunate to become Arizona’s trusted partner in sharing comprehensive patient health data to help providers make better clinical decisions and keep people healthy.”
About our new Board Members:
- Roy Jedeikin, MD, MBA – As Medical Director for PCCN, Dr. Jedeikin is responsible for operations, quality, and network development. He has practiced pediatric cardiology in Arizona since 1984. He received his medical degree from the University of the Witwatersrand Medical School in South Africa and is recognized as a nationwide leader for his expertise in continuous quality improvement.
- Heidi Kemmer, MBA, MHA, FACHE – Heidi serves as Chief Operating Officer for UnitedHealthcare Community Plan. She is a seasoned managed care executive with over 25 years in the industry, holding several positions in network contracting and provider service, operations, and health plan leadership. Heidi earned an MBA and Master of Healthcare Administration from the University of Iowa.
- April Rhodes, MBA, LAMFT – April serves as President and Chief Executive Officer for Spectrum Healthcare Group. Through statewide community solutions and focused care, she and her team meet the whole health needs of Arizona’s populations. April is a Licensed Associate Marriage and Family Therapist, earned a Master of Advanced Study in Marriage and Family Therapy from Arizona State University (ASU), and an MBA from University of Arizona.
- Jesus Rivera – With over 22 years of service with the Surprise Fire-Medical Department (SFMD), Jesus serves as Battalion Chief (Paramedic). He has an associate’s degree in Paramedicine, bachelor’s degree in Public Safety and is now attending a Master’s Leadership program at ASU. Jesus is involved in SFMD’s Treat & Refer, Community Paramedicine; and Emergency Triage, Treat, and Transport (ET3) programs.
- Ginny Rountree – As the Deputy Director, Arizona Department of Economic Security, Ginny has more than 35 years of healthcare experience with extensive expertise in the acute, integrated care and long-term care managed care environment in Arizona. She holds a Bachelor of Science in Nursing from Columbia Union College.
- Martha Smith – As CEO of Arizona Complete Health, Martha brings over 25 years of executive leadership experience in the health insurance industry. Martha has been part of the Centene and Health Net organizations for 24 years. She has served in various executive roles within Health Net and then Centene, following the acquisition of Health Net in 2016. Martha earned a Bachelor’s of Economics from University of California, Santa Barbara, a Master of Science from University of LaVerne and completed executive training in healthcare administration from Washington University – Olin Business School and University of California, Berkeley – Haas School of Business.
To learn more about the diverse expertise of Health Current’s Board of Directors, visit healthcurrent.org/about-us/board-of-directors.